Monday, July 14, 2014

Art Fair Display Updated

I have really wanted to simplify and update my display for art fairs.  My husband built me a lovely display a couple of years ago, but it requires a truck to haul it around.  I wanted something that would fit in my Honda Fit.  Is that too much to ask?

Here's a pic of one of the new display tables all set up at home.  Sorry for the distracting bookcase in the background.  I built the earring and necklace stands and the acrylic stands as well.  We scored on the amazing handmade paper at the recycling center yesterday.  It was divine providence!



I finished the wire and wood stands today.  The acrylic and wood stands were made for the show I did in March.  The bases were kind of a funky color, so I painted them with a satin black paint, and I really like them now.  The acrylic came from the scrap bins at Tap Plastics.  I bought two drill bits that cut plastic and drilled the holes.  It was really simple.  The whole layout feels so much more sophisticated than my last booth.

Here is a shot of my old booth...

It was nice, but it didn't stand up well to the wind at the show I did on the Everett waterfront last year.  The panels are all hinged, and they started moving.  People were freaking out - including me!  I was all alone at that show.  If it weren't for two lovely good Samaritans that helped me dismantle everything, I don't know what I would have done!


No comments:

Post a Comment