Monday, March 23, 2015

Blueschool Arts Gala

Saturday was the big Gala event at Blueschool Arts.  What's Blueschool Arts, you say?  It's this fabulous and fun place that I became a part of in August where my studio lives and where I teach jewelry making and other cool art classes.  I'm one of nine studio artists who have a studio there.  We are a gathering space for curious and creative exploration.  Cool tagline, huh!!??!!

So, I only have access to a couple photos of the event so far, and here they are...
 

The gal back center with the white paper in her hand is Karin Bolstad.  She is the Headmistress.  I'm her assistant, The Assistant Headmistress.  I like the title!  Together, and with the help of the other studio artists, we pulled off the not-to-be-missed event of the spring equinox.  It was pretty amazing to see so many people come out in support of this idea that we've birthed.

Artsy Swag Bags for the first 50 attendees

We have 23 classes up on the Blueschool website so far and plans are in the works for oh so many more!  I am super excited to be teaching quite a few of them, like Etching Metal Without Acid, Jewelry Making Basics with PMC, Charmulets: Personal Symbolic Talismans, Artisan Crafted Jewelry Findings, Texture Making in Clay,  Jewelry Making for Tweens and Teens and the ever popular Jewelry Salons.  So, if you live anywhere near Clinton, Washington, come on down for some fun and funky classes (not all of them jewelry making in nature).  I look forward to seeing you at Blueschool Arts one of these days!

No comments:

Post a Comment